Sunday 5 February 2017

A summary of my current literary projects



Hello!

Luckily, my life is going really well at present, which motivates me to write. Not only to write, but to write prolifically! I have several projects going on and I am very inspired. I would like to share a bit of this blissful feeling with you all and get to know what your thoughts are, so here it goes.

My main projects:

  1. A historical novel: The Master's Sister. The first chapter is available on my blog! I would very much appreciate some feedback: http://galliardsophiemarie.blogspot.com.es/2017/01/prologue-and-first-chapter-of-my.html.
  2. A book of poetic prose. So far, it has been an absolute delight to write! I truly enjoy writing poetry, especially when focusing on past travels, feelings or places. While I am at it, my mind disconnects completely from the present moment, and it evokes those old remembrances wonderfully well. I cannot wait to complete the book, as I am impatient for the result! Perhaps I will post some of the poems here, too.
These are my two major projects, which hopefully will see the light of day as printed books by the end of the year, approximately. In addition to those two, I am also writing a book on Mediaeval history and another historical novel, this one set in the 5th century AD. Furthermore, I am also working on several articles (mainly on history, literature and art history), short stories and a biography of the Brontë sisters. They had a heartbreakingly harsh life that could very well be compared to a dramatic novel from the Victorian era. All in all, quoting Charlotte Brontë,

I am just going to write because I cannot help it.


Copyright: Sophie-Marie Galliard. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment